Welcome back, gang. In this podcast we’re talking about the most recent Giller Prize winner. There are quite a few points of discussion with this book and we only skimmed the surface. Jump on in and let us know what you think about Edugyan’s take on the adventure novel, your feelings on the British and North American covers (and how those choices might influence our reading of the book), and generally how you felt about this novel (reviews have been mixed). Your input is valued.
Our next pick will not be Warlight by Michael Ondaatje as previously indicated. We’re doing Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice. That podcast should be going up at the end of February or early March. We hope you’ll grab a copy and join us.
Other books discussed in this podcast:
- The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht
- The Chameleon by Samuel Fisher
- Songs for the Cold of Heart by Eric Dupont
- The Vanishing Princess by Jenny Diski
- Starlight by Richard Wagamese
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Man Who Saved Henry Morgan by Robert Hough
Other things referenced in the podcast: