This is the final Write Reads to be recorded on 84th Avenue in Edmonton, and it is the last podcast (for a while, at least) in which Tania and Kirt will be recording in the same room, city, or province. Kirt leaves Edmonton on a wonderful note, though, with this beautiful book by an Edmonton author. Please enjoy our discussion of this gem and even if you don’t give us a listen, do yourself a favour and go out and buy this book immediately. You won’t regret it. If you do regret it, let us know why and we’ll make fun of you.
Because of Kirt’s relocation to Halifax we’ll be missing the next couple of podcasts. Our next podcast should be posted in December and it will be our Kid’s Book pick. Vote for what that pick will be: The Ehrich Weisz Chronicles: Demon Gate by Marty Chan or Rodent by Lisa J. Lawrence.
CanLit Book News:
- The Giller Prize Longlist and the various controversies surrounding the award.
- An article by our good friend, and sometimes co-host, Laura Frey on the state of Can Lit
Other books mentioned in this podcast:
- Son of a Trickster and Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson
- Bookshops: A Reader’s History by Jorge Carrion (Translated by Peter Bush)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
- We’re All in This Together by Amy Jones