Welcome to the 45th Write Reads podcast! As all of our ardent fans know, November is now Write Reading in Bed Month. Laura from Reading in Bed once again joins us to discuss Zoe Whittall’s Giller nominated novel. As per usual, when we have a guest and a book that really engage us and get us talking, it is a long episode (but worth listening to every golden minute). The discussion (and the novel) centers on “rape culture” but we manage to keep things somewhat light. Listen and let us know how we did.
Thanks to EPL’s Makerspace program for the recording facilities and their assistance.
The novel for our Sci-Fi/Fantasy pick next month is Experimental Film by Gemma Files.
Helpful links for things mentioned in the podcast:
Other books mentioned in this podcast:
- Possession by A.S. Byatt
- Nicotine by Nell Zink
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood
- The Adjustment League by Mike Barnes
- The Circus Dogs of Prague by Rachelle Delaney
- The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Martin John by Anakana Schofield
- Yiddish for Pirates by Gary Barwin
- The Party Wall by Katherine Leroux