It’s our Humour Month and we finally found a Leacock award nominee that made Kirt very happy (and, more importantly, made him laugh)! We hope that you also enjoyed the book and that you will enjoy listening to us talk about it. We talk about a bunch of other stuff that you’ll probably find interesting too (including the hilarity of being mistaken for a white supremacist podcast). So, take a listen, friends.
We’d also like to remind you that we are now entering our Graphic Novel Month and our pick for this go-around is The Outside Circle by Patti Laboucane-Benson and Kelly Mellings. Get it. Read it. Join us for our discussion.
Awards mentioned in this podcast:
- The Leacock Medal Shortlist
- The Joe Shuster Awards
- The Man Booker Shortlist 2016
- The Giller Prize Longlist 2016
- Naomi @ Consumed By Ink and The Shadow Gillers
Canadian Book News Items:
- 49th Shelf Fall Canadian Litfests (Our friend, Jenna Butler, will be appearing at Word on the Street in Lethbridge on Sept 24th!)
- The Penguin Book Shop
Other books mentioned in this podcast:
- The Adjustment League by Mike Barnes (Thanks to Biblioasis for reading copies)
- We’re All In This Together by Amy Jones
- Generation Zero by Fred Van Lente and Francis Portela
- Lucy and Andy Neanderthal by Jeffrey Brown
- Uprooted and His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik
- The Party Wall by Catherine Leroux
- The Woefield Poultry Collective by Susan Juby
Pingback: Edmonton podcast roundup: Sept. 21, 2016 – Seen and Heard in Edmonton
I’m glad you finally found a book to make you laugh! I read The Woefield Poultry Collective a couple of years ago, and thought it was really funny. I’m hoping to read this one sometime soon, but it’s going to have to wait a bit longer. I’m curious to know if it’s as good as the first one!