Has everybody done their reading for this podcast? We hope so because spoilers abound in this episode and this is the type of novel that will be seriously ruined by spoilers (or even reading the back of the book, as the case may be). We really loved this little gem and hope that you will go get a copy and read it, if you have not done so already, and then listen to the podcast.
We also announce that our humour pick for the next podcast is Republic of Dirt by Susan Juby. Kirt’s track record with Leacock Award winners is pretty bleak so let’s hope that this one is the one that breaks that streak [a little rhyme for you – ed.].
If you are interested in a discussion about Edmonton’s obnoxious car culture then stick around after the closing theme music for a little treat (followed by “the cutest sneeze on the planet”).
Canadian Book News Items:
Publishers, People, Businesses, Movies and TV Shows Mentioned:
Other books mentioned in this podcast:
- The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood
- Duke by Sara Tilley
- The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons
- Cakes and Ale by W. Somerset Maugham
- P.G. Wodehouse’s Bertie and Jeeves series
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Woefield Poultry Collective, Alice, I Think, and Nice Recovery by Susan Juby