We’re actually on time with the podcast for a change. The fates conspired to allow us to get together with Laura from Reading In Bed for her third stint as guest host. Things went as swimmingly as they always do when Laura joins us. We discuss Birdie, Canada Reads 2016, “The Beachcombers”, “The Frugal Gourmet”/”Urban Peasant” (there is controversy in this podcast, rest assured), subtle signs of flirtation, and many, many more topics (including the possibility of our own “shadow” Canada Reads (very exciting!)).
You also get to hear the magpie that is threatening Kirt’s sanity by calling his name over and over again.
Listen to us!
We failed to mention our May Mystery Pick. That’s because we don’t have one yet. We promise that we will have one soon (with plenty of time for you to read it).
Other books mentioned in this podcast:
- even this page is white by Vivek Shraya
- The Diviners, The Stone Angel, and The Fire Dwellers by Margaret Laurence
- Interference by Michelle Berry
- How to Be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons
- Outline by Rachel Cusk
- Mysterious book recommended to Tania by Josh Radnor
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- The Orenda by Joseph Boyden
- Son of France by Todd Babiak
Upcoming awards mentioned in this podcast: