Thank you all for your patience! The highly anticipated podcast with our guest host Laura Frey from Reading in Bed is finally here. Laura is awesome. Fifteen Dogs is awesome. Our discussion is awesome. The recording job is the worst that Kirt has ever done (it sounds like we may have captured some paranormal activity at times). Working with unfamiliar equipment is a pain. Please forgive the sound quality of this episode. You can be sure that when Tania and Kirt discuss Wayne Arthurson’s Fall From Grace for our mystery pick next month we will be back to our usual quality.
We had so much to talk about in this one that, for the first time, we have a supplementary “outtake” for you to listen to should you desire. Many thanks to Laura for always being such a great guest host.
Other books discussed in this podcast:
- Cranford and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Bone & Bread by Saleema Nawaz
- The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy
- The Jaguar’s Children by John Vaillant
- The Mineral Palace and The Vanishers by Heidi Julavits
- As You Wish by Cary Elwes
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Let the Elephants Run by David Usher
Write Reads #28 Fifteen Dogs by Andre Alexis
WR28 Outtake: Dog Names and Alberta Politics